Sunday, January 24, 2010

3 Idiots-ism!


After a long hiatus,I am back with a new post on my blog.Lets not get into the reason for being away from blogging,probably would need a new post altogether for that:)Finally,I get something worthwhile for my blog and c-incidentally it turns out to be related to one of my favourite topics i.e movies.

So, its exactly been a month now that Bollywood got its biggest hit ever(thats what they claim),3 Idiots.The movie was anticipated for quite some time now and I like the above average movie buff I am,was damn excited to catch up.Unfortunately, could not watch the movie in the theater but the internet does make things very easy these days.So, is this post my review on 3-Idiots.Read on.

Film-making wise,Rajkumar Hirani's third movie does not quite match up to his Munnabhai Series movies,but like his previous two movies, does pass a strong message and prompts you into some soul-searching.Being an engineer myself,I could completely relate to most of the stuff shown in the movie.Adapted from the novel 5 point someone,the movie does manage to get into lot of intricacies of an engieer student.The soul-searching I would like to do myself here is,which of the 3 Idiots from the movie I am exactly!I honestly believe,that I am not probably completely like any of the 3 idiots.However,I think there is a bit of all the 3 idiots in me.For starters,frankly,I was always in bottom half of the class when it came to marks throughout my engineering(except for the last few sems).Now,reasons for this maybe somewhat similar to Raju's in the movie,high pressure on myself,high expectations from myself,being a good student all the time before that.There are at times in my life,when I am appreciated for my non-engineering skills,which probably for a second or two does put me into a thought that engineering was never for me!This establishes my relation with the second idiot i.eFarhan.No comes the star of the 3 Idiots,Rancho.Rancho excels in engineering,thats coz thats his passion.Now,even me,during my struggling days of engineering,there were many subjects where i really did not have to put efforts to excel in that.It quite came naturally to me.So,probably those subjects were really my passion!But probably,i never pursued or followed them:)

Its a totally different issue that today,the work I am doing is totally unrelated to what I studied in my 4 years of engineering.But,I can still say that I am proud of my engineering days and an very happy to be still associated with that,in whatever little relation it is:)I am glad that movies like 3-Idiots are being made and do raise questions about our education system,which maybe needs a huge overhaul soon.So while the whole of India and Indians all over the world start suffering from 3 Idiots-ism,I would like to end my post here by saying that next time when somebody calls you an 'Idiot',do not get offended.It might actually be a compliment:)

1 comment:

Julie Sam said...

@santosh
frst thgns frst..
congrats on ur frst blog..!!!!! u srted wid a bang..n i hope ic dnt continue wid 1 post every month..!!!
:D

ok ok...aftr d bragggin dag u ent thru.whic no1 cn take it waay form 4 u...

n yss..e.vn i agree n i cud stand behin u n say..ur hav more 2 u dan dis engg bug..!!!

crreativity .alos runs thru u...
:)

so me cud ocnclide dat ru mroe of a farhan.sjt dat dey need 2 b tapped
:)

photography..is maasssa alllah... :)
no jokes...so u cud try dat 2..if u ever get bored.n writing 2 wid d vocab n diciton..its jsut phatte
mei no complaint :)

hmm..ys..n d isse is being rsased abt d education system..but as susela..
kuch hoga nahie...

call me a pessimsit if u shud

till den..

happpy wrriitng.. Mr. Idiot..!!

;)